Horsetail secrets you never knew
Horsetail is an amazing plant that has been distributed all throughout the world. It belongs to a group of grass plants - the Equisetaceae family. One of the most common species is Equisetum
Horsetail grows in a wide range of conditions. Other names include
Now, Horsetail is used for promoting bone health, nails, hair because it has the highest level of silica among other plants. Silica is a mineral essential for strong bones and it is an important element in preventing osteoporosis. Horsetail is known for its regenerative properties and it helps to renew cell tissues. That’s why it is recommended for your skin. It gives a better look to the skin and makes it look more beautiful. Horsetail supplementation increases also bone density and assists in the production of collagen.
The other benefits are:
• Due to its phenolic compounds, horsetail has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, liver-protecting, antimicrobial, effects.
• It regulates blood flow – helps stop bleeding in wounds, and prevents blood clotting.
• horsetail extract may balance glucose levels and regenerate cells of the pancreas.
Some species are utilized in polishing tools because of their abrasive stems. It was also used to scour pots and pans containing silver. It is also said that this plant can accumulate gold. Horsetail is, in addition, an interesting landscape plant and well worth including in the garden, but it is quickly invasive.
You can try Horsetail Herb in many ways. The most popular is making tea. Just take 2 to 3 teaspoons of horsetail per cup of hot water (250 ml). Let it steep for up to 5 minutes. Strain the tea, you can add some honey to sweeten the tea. It can be sweetened with Raspberry Leaf and Licorice Root.
Horsetail tea can be taken as relief for stomach aches or colds, women take horsetail tea to relieve menstrual cramps.
We recommend also using Horsetail for foot infections – take 5 tablespoons of horsetail powder and add 1 liter of water. Soak your feet for up to 20 minutes once a day.
The other use is a tincture for hair growth. Mix 4 drops with 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil and massage onto your scalp.
Tincture recipe: chop the herb very fine and fill the bottle to the top. Then fill up with a mixture of 40% alcohol. The bottle should be stored in a dark place. It should be shaken once per day for about a month. Then the bottle can be left to sit for another month.
If you tried horsetail, please share your experience in
You can buy mentioned in the article products here:
1. Horsetail Herb link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/herbs/71-horsetail-herb-equisetum-arvense.html
2. Raspberry Leaf link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/leaves/102-raspberry-leaf-rubus-idaeus.html
3. Licorice Root link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/roots/80-licorice-root-glycyrrhiza-glabra-l.html
4. Fresh Cold Pressed Coconut Oil link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/cold-pressed-oils/189-fresh-cold-pressed-coconut-oil-330ml-6490164941914.html