Nowadays stress has become an inseparable part of our lives and more and more people are on the edge. The omnipresent rush, fatigue, fast pace of life, as well as every-day challenges and work pressure, are only some of the reasons, which cause anxiety and stress. Due to that, people have been looking for remedies and natural ways of coping with the overwhelming mental pressure. For centuries, various herbs have been used as a natural remedy for stress and anxiety.
Ways of dealing with stress and anxiety
Drinking tea can help take the edge off, however, it is important to remember that what works for one person may not work for you, and finding the perfect blend to calm nerves may take some time. An effective alternative to tea is infusion. Bear in mind though that it is much stronger. In infusion, you place the flowers, fruits, roots, or leaves of a particular plant in either cold or hot water for much longer. Moreover, herbs are commonly used in aromatherapy. Essential oils can be put in bath water, a diffuser, or a humidifier. Running a bath and adding a few drops of essential oil to a humidifier may bring peace after a long and stressful day.
Widely used herbs
Lemon Balm has been studied for its anti-anxiety effects. Lemon Balm’s leaves have a subtle taste and a delicate lemon smell. They are commonly used for soothing nerves and in case of difficulties with falling asleep. Valerian Root is also known for its calming properties. The active substances found in Valerian Root are supposed to soothe the nervous system and reduce tension. For centuries a small plant, Rhodiola Rhizome has been used in Russia and Scandinavia to cope with the cold and stressful Siberian climate. Additionally, St. John’s Wort Herb is well-known for its effects on emotional balance and antidepressant properties. Regularly brewed, it can help cope with every-day stress. Angelica Root is a common tea ingredient, as it has a calming effect on the nervous system, as well as digestion and metabolism. Some other herbs used to fight anxiety and stress include Lemon Verbena Leaf, Elderberry Fruit, Motherwort Herb and Ginkgo Biloba Leaf.
You can buy mentioned in the article products here:
1. Lemon Balm Leaf link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/leaves/79-lemon-balm-leaf-melissa-officinalis-l.html
2. Valerian Root link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/roots/122-valerian-root-valeriana-officinalis-l.html
3. Rhodiola Rhizome link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/roots/158-rhodiola-rhizome-rhodiola-rosea-l.html
4. St. John's Wort Herb link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/herbs/115-st-johns-wort-hypericum-perforatum-l.html
5. Angelica Root link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/roots/16-angelica-root.html
6. Lemon Verbena Leaf link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/leaves/156-lemon-verbena-leaf-aloysia-citrodora-l.html
7. Elderberry Fruit link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/dried-fruits/42-eldebery-fruit.html
8. Motherwort Herb link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/herbs/90-motherwort-herb-leonurus-cardiaca-l.html
9. Ginkgo Biloba Leaf link: https://healthembassy.co.uk/en/leaves/59-ginkgo-biloba-leaf-tea.html